Various analysts have their own predictions about the number of iPhones Apple will be able to sell in fiscal 2014. Previously it was predicted that the company might be able to sell 171 million units in this time period, however according to Canaccord Genuity analyst Michael Walkley, Apple may very well sell 175 million iPhones in fiscal 2014. He also believes that the company may sell 186 million in fiscal 2015. Fiscal 2014 will end next September, so there’s still quite a lot of time for Apple to achieve this figure.
Walkley believes that there are two reasons why Apple is in a position to sell so many iPhones. Recent surveys have revealed that iPhone 5s sales are very strong, a survey called it the top selling smartphone on all major U.S. carriers as well as around the world. Such momentum could mean that the iPhone 5s will continue to bring in customers at a significant pace. Furthermore, Walkley is also of the view that the impending launch of the new iPhones on China Mobile will also help. This would be the first time that the iPhones would be launched on the world’s largest mobile carrier which has more than 700 million subscribers, it is already believed that as many as 20 million units can be sold through China Mobile in the first year alone.
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-04: Apple's M7 Continues To Track Even When Battery Is Dead
- 2014-01-14: China Mobile Reportedly Has Over 1 Million iPhone 5s Units At Launch
- 2014-01-07: China Telecom Discounts iPhone 5s Ahead Of China Mobile Launch
- 2013-12-22: Apple And China Mobile Deal Is Official, iPhones Arriving January 17th
- 2013-12-18: China Mobile Still In Talks With Apple For The iPhone
- 2013-12-09: China Mobile iPhone Pre-orders Reportedly Going Live This Thursday