There have been quite a lot of rumors recently about Apple working on a larger iPad. Rumor has it that the company intends to release a 12.9 inch iPad next year, it is believed that testing has already begun at a Foxconn facility in China. So far Apple itself hasn’t confirmed what its tablet plans are for 2014. Not much is known about the hardware specifications the 12.9 inch iPad is supposed to tout, but according to latest rumors, Apple is testing 2K and 4K displays for the tablet and is yet to decide which to use for its all new iPad.
The rumor also suggests that Apple might release two variants of the 12.9 inch iPad next year. One is said to be released in April with a 2K display, whereas the variant with the 4K display is believed to come out in October 2014. At this point in time these rumors might seem a little far-fetched, given that Apple hasn’t done anything like this before. A grain of salt is definitely advised, don’t form any notions about Apple’s 2014 tablets based on these early rumors. Since 2K and 4K monikers are often attributed to different resolutions, this rumor might mean that the 12.9 inch iPad may either have a 2,048×1,536 display or a 4,096×3,072 pixel resolution display, respectively. Apple’s latest iPad Air already has a 2,048×1,536 pixel resolution display.
Next Story: VSCO Cam Android App Has Finally Been Released
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"