The much rumored iPhone launch deal with China Mobile has finally been signed. We heard a lot of rumors this year that the world’s largest mobile operator is finally going to start carrying some of the world’s most popular smartphones. Even though its rivals, China Unicom and China Telecom, have offered previous iPhone models in the past, China M0bile starts off with the two latest smartphones from Apple, iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c.
One major hurdle in the way of an iPhone launch on China Mobile was the carrier’s TD-LTE service. Just last week China finally granted 4G licenses to commercial carriers, meaning that the carrier can finally start its commercial 4G service. The country’s official news agency has already confirmed that China Mobile’s 4G service is going to be switched on December 18th. According to the Wall Street Journal, citing people familiar with the matter, both iPhones are likely to be launched on the carrier around December 18th as well. Apple has already received the regulatory approval required to run its iPhones on China Mobile’s TD-LTE network. It received the approval back in August. Analysts expect that a decent penetration into the carrier’s over 750 million strong subscriber base could bring in an additional $9-$10 billion in revenue for Apple every single year.
Next Story: Docomo Safety Mode Might Just Save Your Life
- 2014-01-20: Apple Might Have Sold At Least 50 Million iPhones Last Quarter
- 2014-01-17: China Mobile Begins To Sell New iPhones Today
- 2014-01-15: Tim Cook 'Incredibly Optimistic' About Apple's Partnership With China Mobile
- 2014-01-14: China Mobile Reportedly Has Over 1 Million iPhone 5s Units At Launch
- 2014-01-07: China Telecom Discounts iPhone 5s Ahead Of China Mobile Launch
- 2013-12-22: Apple And China Mobile Deal Is Official, iPhones Arriving January 17th
- 2013-12-18: China Mobile Still In Talks With Apple For The iPhone
- 2013-12-09: China Mobile iPhone Pre-orders Reportedly Going Live This Thursday
- 2013-12-02: Screenshot Of Pre-registration Page For New iPhones On China Mobile Surfaces
- 2013-11-26: China Mobile 4G And iPhone Launch Confirmed By State News Agency