Back in September we reported that ASUS had confirmed it would be releasing the PadFone Mini later this year, apart from the MeMOFone HD5. The launch isn’t that far off. The company has already sent out invites for an event in Taiwan, which takes place this Wednesday. At the event, the company will finally unveil its latest product. However, its appearance might not catch you by surprise, considering the fact that its press shots have already leaked online.
The leaked shots have been published online by serial Twitter leaker @evleaks, who has a very lengthy as well as solid track record when it comes to these things, so perhaps you might want to put down that grain of salt for this particular leak. The PadFone is basically a smartphone and tablet hybrid, going by the press shots, it appears that the smartphone has a 4.3 inch display whereas the tablet appears to have a 7 inch display. While @evleaks hasn’t provided any technical details along with this image, the PadFone Mini is said to have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, a 4.3 inch qHD display, 3G compatibility and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. No word as yet on pricing and availability, or if any carrier in the U.S. will strike a deal with ASUS to carry the PadFone Mini.
- 2014-04-23 AT&T Teases ASUS PadFone X In New Video
- 2014-04-10 ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27 AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24 ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2013-12-11 ASUS PadFone Mini Is Now Official
- 2013-12-05 ASUS PadFone Mini To Launch In Taiwan Next Week