BlackBerry has released the 10.2 update not too long ago and with every update, there is bound to be bug fixes, although it’s safe to say that it would be impossible to catch them all, which is why updates are usually looked forward to as a means to quash existing bugs. However updates also bring about new features, and with BlackBerry 10.2.1, it will include the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean runtime, something which we’re sure both developers and users are looking forward to, but so far apart from leaked builds, it is unclear as to when the update will be released to the masses.
Well if you’re looking forward to the update, it seems that January 2014 is when you might be able to expect it. This is according to one of N4BB’s readers who attended the BlackBerry Jam Direct virtual event, in which he asked Justin Jasmann, the App Dev Consultant for BlackBerry, if the BlackBerry 10.2.1 update will arrive in January, in which Jasmann replied with an affirmative statement, “That is true, yes.” Given that we’ve already seen the leaked build, we suppose that it does appear somewhat ready for release, but at the same time we suggest you not get your hopes up just yet. We’ll keep our eyes peeled for more info, so be sure to check back with us at a later date for the details.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales