We did read about how Facebook recently revealed a couple of new “Share” and “Like” buttons to the masses, but here is yet another button for the masses that appeals to your altruistic heart. We are talking about the latest “Donate Now” button which was introduced by the folks over at Facebook, and the whole objective of having this particular button in existence is to make life a whole lot easier for non-profit organizations to take in contributions. I am not sure whether businesses would also implement this particular button on their pages though, but the “Donate Now” button works this way. It will collect credit card numbers as well as other billing information for Facebook which will in turn aid its e-commerce and gaming initiatives.
There will be 19 non-profit launch partners at first which will show off the new “Donate Now” button at the top of their respective Facebook Pages as well as at the bottom of their News Feed posts. Among them include DonorsChoose.org, Boys And Girls Club Of America, World Wildlife Fund, UNICEF, Red Cross, and Kiva. It will require a prolonged testing period before Facebook takes the next step of opening up the feature to other non-profit organizations. [Press Release]
Next Story: Canada Post Quits The Home Delivery Game
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App