With the Sony PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One having been released, they have been getting a fair amount of attention from the media due the amount of units sold in such a short period of time. Unfortunately this cannot be said for Nintendo and the launch of the Wii U, the company’s latest console which has not exactly gotten the same amount of fanfare compared to the likes of the PS4 and Xbox One. While there are redeeming qualities of the Wii U and the fact that there are still upcoming titles like Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros., there are some who have decided to write the console off.
According to former Naughty Dog and THQ boss, Jason Rubin, he has called Nintendo irrelevant within the hardware space. This was revealed during an interview with GameTrailers where Rubin was quoted as saying, “Nintendo is irrelevant as a hardware manufacturer in the console business right now.” Rubin also expressed his issue with Nintendo was because of the company’s insistence on not allowing their games to be released on third-party formats, such as mobile for example. However Rubin also admits that the company is a “worldwide treasure”.
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter