So we have heard of how Apple has made efforts to bring iOS into vehicles through their iOS in the car program, but it looks like Google could be interested in bringing Android into vehicles as well. This is not the first time that Android has debuted in vehicles but if reports are to be believed, an Android entertainment of sorts is expected to make its debut in Audi’s vehicles. According to a report published by The Wall Street Journal, they are claiming that Google and Audi are rumored to make an announcement at CES 2014 which is taking place in a couple of weeks. The announcement is said to be about an Android-powered in-car entertainment system and will see other companies, not just Audi, hopping on board the Android bandwagon.
It is unclear as to what sort of features we might be looking at, but presumably we will see things such as access to various Android apps, Google services, navigation, music, and more, with the entertainment unit running on Android itself as opposed to syncing up with an iOS device, which is what Apple is doing at the moment with car manufacturers. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but competing with Apple in the vehicle space would not be a complete stretch of the imagination. We will be like at CES 2014 so be sure to check back with us then for the details.
Next Story: The Lapka Breathalyzer Is A Thing Of Beauty
- 2014-04-14: Google Micro Camera System To Usher In Next-Gen Contact Lenses
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Google Search Ranking Boost For Websites With Encryption [Report]
- 2014-04-14: Reporter Assaulted For Wearing Google Glass In Public
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-09: Audi Demonstrates Qi Wireless Charging At CES 2014
- 2014-01-06: Toshiba Chromebook 13-Inch Hands-On Preview