It has been rumored that Instagram will be announcing a new private messaging feature in its app in an update, and come 12th of December, the company is expected to announce something, which hardly seems like a coincidence. According to the folks at TechCrunch, they claim that they are able to confirm that what’s being launched on the 12th of December will be the messaging feature that has been rumored. Interestingly enough it will not be your typical instant messenger as their sources claim that these messages will disappear over time, which we can’t help but be reminded of Snapchat.
Instagram’s private messaging feature was rumored shortly after there were reports that Instagram’s parent company, Facebook, attempted to acquire Snapchat. For those unfamiliar, Snapchat is an app that allows users to send photos to one another that will be erased after a certain amount of time, making it great to send private and confidential images and not have to worry that it might be stored on the device of the recipient. Of course since this is hardly an announcement, take it with a grain of salt for now, but do check back with us tomorrow for the details!
- 2014-04-23 Instagram's Explore Feature Will Be More Personalized
- 2014-04-14 Instagram Down, And Up Again
- 2014-04-02 Instagram Works On Bug That Hides Recent Photos
- 2014-03-25 Instagram Hits 200 Million Active Users
- 2014-03-25 Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-03-18 Instagram For Windows Phone Updated With Lock Screen Support
- 2014-03-12 Instagram Photographer Made $15,000 In A Day Selling His Prints
- 2013-11-22 Instagram Rumored To Be Adding Private Messaging Feature
- 2013-11-19 Instagram For Windows Phone Release Might Happen Soon