Mini desktop machines are not exactly in vogue when you think about it, but they sure as heck are useful to get some of the more basic computing tasks done without having to take up too much clutter on your physical workspace. Well, we have seen the likes of the Linutop 5 earlier this month, and here we are with Intel’s new range of NUC models that will arrive with 2.5” bays, opening up the door for you to enjoy just about any kind of hard drive or SSD solution in a tiny package. These new NUC systems will purportedly be made available to the masses before the year is over.
The first NUC system from Intel was introduced just last year, it has recently ensured that its lineup will be updated to include Intel Haswell (the 4th generation Core) processors. Before we get ahead of ourselves, NUC is the acronym for Next Unit of Computing, where they will showcase Intel’s most recent low-power, high-performance chips which sip on a mere 65W power supply to get the job done. The new generation models will be a wee bit thicker compared to its predecessors, but they will surely still be the smallest desktop computers that one would be able to find with a Haswell processor running underneath the hood.
Next Story: Vinci MV7 Tablet Targets The Whole Family
- 2014-04-13: Intel Education Rugged Tablet Targets Students
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-06: Intel Sharks Cove Windows-Compatible Dev Board Not The Last
- 2014-04-02: Intel To Offer Exclusive Content On Devices Powered By Their Chips
- 2014-04-01: Intel $99 MinnowBoard Max Unveiled