Over the past few weeks it has consistently been rumored that LG has a new tablet up its sleeve bearing model number LG V510. Without any official confirmation from the company itself, speculation was bound to heat up. It was believed that this is the new Nexus 8 tablet we have been hearing about for quite some time now. As it turns out, the tablet isn’t actually a Nexus 8. As per open source files released online by LG itself, the LG V510 is a Google Play Edition G Pad 8.3 tablet, which would make it the first GPE Android tablet.
The first GPE smartphones were released earlier this year, the Galaxy S4 and HTC One. They are supposed to offer near vanilla Android experience, and are further up in line whenever a major Android OS update is rolled out. There’s really nothing different in the GPE devices apart from the software, all hardware specifications remain the same. So the LG V510 is likely to have a 1,920×1,200 pixel resolution 8.3 inch display with Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, 2GB RAM, 5 megapixel rear and 1.3 megapixel front camera and 16GB of onboard storage. These are the specifications already found in LG G Pad 8.3. Whether or not the GPE G Pad 8.3 will come with Android 4.4 KitKat preinstalled, remains to be seen. A release date is not known at this point in time.
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-03-04 Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 LTE Announced
- 2013-12-17 LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition Receives Android 4.4.2 Update
- 2013-12-10 LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition Tablet Is Now Official