The holiday weekend brought some amazing deals and discounts, retailers would no doubt have seen some of the busiest days of the entire year. The shopping frenzy culminates with Cyber Monday today, quite a lot of online retailers are running special promotions today on a wide variety of products. Last week Motorola announced that it is going to shave off $150 on all off contract Moto X variants purchased through the Moto X website. As it turns out, the surge of traffic on the website caused it to crash, thus halting the promotion which by the looks of things, a lot of people were waiting for.
Motorola confirmed through its Twitter account that the website is down due to the surge in traffic. The company says that it is “working quickly” to restore the website, as of now the off contract Moto X variants can not be ordered through the company’s website. When the website ultimately goes live again, anxious customers will be able to pick up a variant for $150 off the usual price, which means that the 16GB and 32GB models will be available for $350 and $400 respectively. We will update the post and let you know when Motorola gets the website up and running again.
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2013-12-09: $150 Off Moto X Deal Goes Live Today, Again