We’re sure some gamers might have been somewhat bummed when back in October, Naughty Dog community strategist, Eric Monacelli stated that the developer had no plans to bring The Last of Us to the new Sony PlayStation 4. Given the graphics of the game, we can only imagine the spectacular visuals that it would have if Naughty Dog were to bring it over to the PS4, but fret not gamers because not all hope is lost. In response to a question asked by a fan as to whether the company would bring the game onto the PS4, Naughty Dog’s latest response on the official PlayStation Blog revealed a somewhat optimistic “We’ll see,” which is admittedly a lot better than saying no outright.
According to Monacelli, “We’re just getting our Naughty Dog engine up and running on PS4 as we work on the next Uncharted project. We will see what the future brings! :)” The Last of Us launched on the PS3 earlier this year in June after an initial delay with critical acclaim, with some voting the game as PS3 game of the year, and with the game having managed to ship about 3.4 million units to date, so we can only imagine those numbers climbing if they were to bring it onto the PS4 where gamers who did not have the PS3 might get it to see what all the fuss is about. In fact it wasn’t too long ago that Sony had registered a domain for a The Last of Us movie, although whether this was done just to protect the franchise or if a movie is in the works remains to be seen.
Next Story: Alleged Oppo Find 7's Metal Frame Leaked
- 2014-03-27 The Last Of Us For PS4 Coming This Summer
- 2014-03-06 Sony To Make The Last Of Us Movie A Reality
- 2014-01-15 The Last Of Us DLC Rumored For Valentine's Day Release
- 2013-07-01 The Last Of Us Patched To Remove Phone-Sex Hotline Phone Numbers
- 2013-06-24 Ellen Page Believes The Last Of Us Developers 'Ripped Off' Her Likeness
- 2013-06-04 The Last Of Us Multiplayer Mode Highlighted In New Trailer
- 2013-04-01 The Last of Us 30-Second TV Ad Highlights Game's Story, Action
- 2013-03-12 The Last Of Us Demo Coming May 31