We have already reported multiple times on Apple’s increasing dominance in Japan. The Land of the Rising Sun is actually Apple’s fastest growing market, with the company’s margins there being 15 percent higher than anywhere else in the world. It is also one of five regions where Apple’s operating profit grew in the last fiscal year. iPhones account for over 37 percent and the iPads over 50 percent of the smartphone and tablet market in Japan, respectively. Japan’s BCN released its weekly sales rankings and nine out of the top ten smartphone sales spots have been taken by the new iPhones, the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c to be precise.
We recently reported that 76 percent of all smartphones sold in Japan this October were accounted for by the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c. The weekly sales rankings reveal that the momentum is still there. Softbank’s 32GB iPhone 5s holds the top spot on the list, followed by NTT DoCoMo’s 32GB model of the same iPhone. Softbank’s 16GB iPhone 5c model comes in at fifth. The tenth spot isn’t taken by any Android manufacturer like Samsung, LG, HTC etc which make some of the most popular Android devices out there. The tenth spot is actually taken by a low end device from Chinese manufacturer ZTE. This goes to show just how popular the new iPhones are in Japan.
Next Story: Buy Moto G From Amazon Now For $179
- 2014-04-17 Pokemon Fans In Japan Will Get Two Characters For Watching The Movie
- 2014-03-30 NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2014-03-28 Japan Warns Citizens Of Impending Missile Strikes Via Text Messages
- 2014-03-17 Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-03-17 Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle
- 2014-03-13 iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09 iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-03 iPhone 5s Retains Consumer Interest As iPhone 5c Struggles
- 2014-01-29 iOS 7.0.5 For iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Released
- 2013-11-27 iPhones Account For 76% Of All Smartphone Sales In Japan This October