The LG G2 is LG’s flagship smartphone of 2013 and while the handset is pretty decently specced, with a great display and awesome camera, it seems that it isn’t quite getting the love it should, at least according to reports. If the reports are to be believed, it seems that LG has only managed to sell 2 million LG G2 units to date, which is only a fraction of what they had originally intended to sell for 2013. LG had initially planned to sell 10 million units of the LG G2 but according to a report from DigiTimes, the company has only managed a fifth of those sales to date, and the reason isn’t because it’s a bad phone, but rather because it is due to the Nexus 5.
The Nexus 5 is Google’s latest Nexus device which is based on specs somewhat similar to the LG G2. It isn’t as powerful as the LG G2 or sport the same camera, but it is very decent, not to mention its asking price makes it a very attractive alternative to the LG G2 or any other smartphone available in the market today. So far apart from camera issues, the Nexus 5 has been met with generally positive reviews, giving customers little reason to go with the LG G2 unless the camera was their priority. In any case if the rumors are to be believed, LG could be working on a successor to the G2 in the form of the G3 which could debut as early as MWC 2014.
Next Story: Nokia Pulls HERE Maps From iTunes App Store
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-03-03: LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- 2014-02-23: AT&T's LG G2 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-21: LG G2 With KitKat Compared Against G2 With Jelly Bean
- 2014-01-15: International LG G2 To Skip Android 4.4 KitKat Update In January
- 2014-01-14: Gold LG G2 Surfaces For Sale On E-Commerce Website