Remember we reported on how a man’s Samsung Galaxy S4 caught on fire, and how Samsung tried to cover up the incident by offering a replacement but only if he were to keep quiet about the it? Not only did this move not sit well with the owner of the phone, Richard Wygand, but apparently many on the internet did not take too kindly to Samsung’s decision on the matter either. Given the backlash, we’re sure Samsung would be more than happy to go with an alternate decision if given the chance to do it over again, but in the meantime Nokia has decided to capitalize on Samsung’s PR screw up.
The Finnish handset manufacturer has tweeted a response to Wygand, in which a Nokia rep by the name of Jason wrote, “.@ghostlyrich we want to help you out. Let me send you a Nokia Lumia so you can experience how customer service should *really* work.” This is not the first time that Nokia has taken the opportunity to poke fun at Samsung. The company has released ads in the past where they made fun of Samsung’s products and compared it to theirs. Of course we’re not sure how serious Nokia is about replacing Wygand’s busted up Galaxy S4 with a Nokia Lumia device, but it’s a nice PR move nonetheless.
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-03-30: Windows Phone 8.1 Released To Manufacturers [Rumor]
- 2014-03-05: Lumia 1520 Beats Out Galaxy S5 For Gaming, According To Benchmarks
- 2014-03-03: Microsoft-Nokia Deal Reportedly Draws Concerns From Rivals In China
- 2014-03-03: Nokia Thinks Samsung's Photos Are Blurry
- 2014-02-24: Nokia Pokes Fun At The Galaxy S5