What do you do when you’re rich beyond belief and with more money than you and your family could spend in several lifetimes? Start a charity? Fund research that improves the lives of those in poor living conditions? Play secret Santa with the folks at Reddit? Well if you said yes to all of the above, you’d pretty much be living out the life of Bill Gates, whom to one Reddit user’s delight, turned out to be her secret Santa! Going by Rachel and identifying herself in the Reddit community as NY1227, safe to say Rachel was shocked when she participated in this year’s Reddit online gift exchange and found out that her secret Santa was none other than Bill Gates himself.
In fact the photo above was posted by Gates as proof that it was indeed he who sent the gifts to Rachel, which included a stuffed cow and a National Geographic book. We guess he thought that she might think it was a prank and pre-empted it by providing the evidence. According to her account of the situation and how she felt when she realized who it was, “My god. Never in my entire life did I imagine, ever, ever, ever that Bill would get me. I am SO SO thankful for the time, thought and energy he put into my gift, and especially thankful for him over nighting it :)”
- 2014-03-16: Bill Gates Doesn't Consider Snowden A Hero
- 2014-03-05: Bill Gates Was Reportedly Against Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- 2014-02-03: Bill Gates To Remain Involved In Product Development At Microsoft
- 2014-02-02: New Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Gates To Be Replaced As Chairman [Report]
- 2014-01-27: Bill Gates Loses Chess Match To Magnus Carlsen In A Minute