A few days ago, Samsung announced their new GamePad for mobile devices. We had originally seen the device earlier this year as a prototype, and thankfully the final product resembled nothing like what we saw initially. In any case perhaps in a bid to make the GamePad more attractive to consumers, Samsung will be launching the GamePad as part of a “Game Edition” bundle that will feature the GamePad and the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, although they did not mention when this Game Edition bundle will be released. However since the GamePad is said to support devices ranging from 4” to 6.3”, we can only assume that you would not be able to dock the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, and would have to connect it via Bluetooth or NFC.
The Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 is not the most powerful tablet from Samsung, but with its price tag of around $250, it is relatively affordable. It will pack an 8” 1280×800 display and will be powered by a dual-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz. It will sport 1GB of RAM and come with both front and rear-facing cameras, although it is unclear if it will come with the latest build of Android. Unfortunately this Game Edition bundle’s pricing or availability remains unknown, but with the GamePad itself priced at a little over $100, we can only assume that this bundle will not come cheap. Either way hopefully more details will be shared in the near future, so check back with us later for the details.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2013-03-15 Samsung Galaxy S4 Accessories Hands-On Review
- 2013-03-15 Samsung Prototype Wireless Game Pad
- 2010-10-19 Samsung Epic 4G Keyboard Turned Into A Gamepad