Word on the street has it that Verizon will be launching a certain Nokia Lumia 929 in the near future, but apparently it will not be known as the Lumia 929, but instead will do away with the model numbers and will simply be known as the Nokia Lumia Icon. This is according to @evleaks who states that the rebranding could be a possibility. It is unclear if this is the new direction that Nokia will be headed with their devices, or if it will only be for Verizon, but either way if and when Verizon launches said device, take note that it could be called something different upon its release.
There’s still no date on when the phone will be launched, and so far we have only been treated to leaked photos that have been making their way around the internet. For those unfamiliar, the Lumia Icon is said to be a smaller sized version of the Lumia 1520 but will retain most, if not all of its specs. It has been rumored to sport the same Full HD 1080p display, except compressed to a 5” display, and will pack a quad-core chipset, a 20MP PureView camera, and will come with 32GB of onboard storage. It sounds like a great device for those who might not appreciate the phablet category of smartphone.
We will be keeping our eyes peeled so check back with us later for more details.
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-02-24: Lumia Icon/Lumia 929 Could Soon See A Release Worldwide
- 2014-02-20: Microsoft Throwing In Free Wireless Charger With Lumia Icon Purchase
- 2014-02-12: Nokia Lumia Icon Announced, A Verizon Exclusive
- 2014-02-04: Nokia Lumia Icon Case Leaked
- 2013-12-16: Nokia Lumia Icon For Verizon Rumored For 16th January Release