Just a few days ago, we were talking about how iOS users have now received the official Mega app for the platform, which was something that could have riled the feathers of Windows Phone 8 users. Well, if you happen to be part of that crowd, fret not as there is nothing much for you to mope about. In fact, we have word that Windows Phone 8 users will now be able to gain access to the Mega cloud storage service according to a confirmation which was posted by a Reddit user.
Mega was not too generous when it came to information concerning a specific launch date of the Windows Phone 8 Mega app, but there were hints that we could very well be looking at an early 2014 launch window. Right now, Mega is also available on the Android platform, and whether it is on the iOS or Android mobile operating systems, it would be free, letting you browse your storage accounts, preview and stream specific documents and files, as well as send links to files and folders to other Mega users. Needless to say, this particular app will continue to improve, as future versions of it is also touted to support the likes of photo synchronization. Nice to see Windows Phone 8 getting more recognition from developers and companies now as a viable platform, no?
Next Story: Steam Achieves 7 Million Plus Concurrent Users
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-08: Sony Windows Phone Device Expected This July