[CES 2014] Acer has unveiled a new 7.9 inch Android tablet called the Iconia A1-830. Powered by an Intel Atom Clover Trail+ Z2560 1.6GHz processor with 1GB of LPDDR2 SDRAMM, the tablet touts a 7.9 inch LED back-lit IPS display and measures just 8.15mm thin, making it easy for the user to hold in just one hand for convenient multi-touch use. The new Iconia tablet has an aluminium rear cover and a meta mid-frame to add strength to the device. It has 16GB of onboard storage with the option for external expansion through microSD cards up to 32GB. Acer claims that the tablet’s battery is good for 7.5 hours.The company says that this tablet has been designed to offer a great portable media experience, and the onboard storage plus external expansion option should offer enough storage for customers’ media content.
Iconia A1-830 also has dual speakers to deliver rich sound. The rear camera is capable of capturing full 1080p HD video with 2,560×1,920 resolution, the front facing camera can record 720p video. Optional accessories are also offered with the tablet, the Acer Crunch Keyboard for those who need a physical keyboard with the tablet, it will function as a stand too.
The Cruch Cover is a microfiber fold-out cover for the tablet with multiple angle settings to suit user preferences. Acer Iconia A1-830 will be available in North America this quarter, starting at $179.99.
Next Story: TomTom Go Series with TomTom Traffic
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2014-01-09: Huawei Debuts Tron Android-Powered Gaming Console
- 2014-01-07: Meizu MX3 U.S. Launch Planned For Q3, 2014
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2014-01-06: LG Lifeband Touch
- 2014-01-03: Acer Iconia B1 Gen-3 Touts Better Design, Performance, Cost