Back at CES 2014, Alienware unveiled their own Steam Machine, joining 12 other companies who have all been tasked to creating Steam Machines for the masses. Given Alienware’s reputation when it comes to building gaming PCs and laptops, we’re sure many are curious as to how Alienware’s Steam Machine will perform. Unfortunately if you weren’t at CES yourself, you will have to wait until September 2014 to test it out. This is according to Alienware who announced that their Steam Machines will launch only in September of 2014 when they spoke at Valve’s Steam Dev Days developer summit.
Given that we’re still in January, safe to say that we have a pretty long wait ahead of us. We’re not sure why Alienware’s offering will take so long to hit the market, but hopefully by the time it is released, its hardware will not have become obsolete. After all in a way it’s a bit like announcing a new computer and then waiting months to release it, by that time the hardware could have been replaced by something newer and better. In any case we’re not sure if the other Steam Machines manufacturers will be releasing their units earlier or later than Alienware, but if Alienware’s model was what you were after, September is the date you’ll want to mark on your calendars.
Next Story: Hackintosh Mac Pro Made From A Real Trash Can
- 2014-03-14: Valve Unveils Latest Steam Controller Design
- 2014-01-23: Alienware Steam Machine Can Be Upgraded After All
- 2014-01-21: Alienware's Steam Machines Will Not Be Upgradeable, Released On A Yearly Cycle
- 2014-01-15: Valve Redesigns The Steam Controller, Adds D-Pads And Regular Buttons
- 2014-01-15: Alienware's Steam Machines To Arrive In September
- 2014-01-10: Xbox's Marc Whitten "Not Sweating" Over Steam Machines
- 2013-10-24: Alienware Offers Console Trade In Program
- 2013-09-11: Alienware Aurora Gaming Desktop Now Packs Ivy Bridge-E Processors