When running with your smartphone in your hand, sometimes it can be hard to press certain buttons or launch certain apps because the phone keeps bouncing around. Well Apple is hoping to compensate for that in a patent which seems to suggest that iOS devices will be able to adjust the screen to compensate for movement. For example one of the ways could be that music playback control buttons could be made larger when running to make them easily identifiable and easier to press. Icons could also “stabilize” themselves so that when moving, you can press them easily, ultimately giving the user the illusion that the phone is very stable.
Naturally this application will rely on Apple’s built-in sensors in their iOS devices, like the gyroscope, proximity sensor, accelerometer, and so on in order for it to work, and just like autocorrect, the phone will eventually be able to “learn” the user’s touches in order to better correct for errors. Now this is hardly considered to be a groundbreaking feature, but it is a feature of convenience that will probably be appreciated in the long run. The patent was filed for back in 2007 so there’s no telling if Apple plans on ever applying to future iOS devices, or if it was simply an idea that Apple had thought up of but never planned on making a reality. What do you guys think? Is this a feature you’d love to see in future iOS devices, or other smartphones in general?
Next Story: Moto G Google Play Edition Launched
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-04-01: Apple Patent Describes iPhone With Bayonet Camera Lens Mount
- 2014-03-27: Apple Looks At Possible iPad Smart Case With Integrated Multitouch Keyboard
- 2014-03-27: Transparent Texting Patent Granted To Apple
- 2013-05-16: Apple Patent Connects Multiple iOS Camera Flashes Together To Help Light Up A Scene
- 2012-03-02: Apple may force Motorola to destroy its phones?
- 2011-12-29: Apple patent reveals plans for face detection security system for iOS devices
- 2011-09-22: Apple patent suggests universal power adapter that can transfer data at the same time
- 2011-08-18: Apple patent suggests MagSafe adapter for iOS devices