[CES 2014] There are a handful of Windows 8 tablets available in the market right now, although Microsoft’s Surface series of Windows-based tablets are probably the most famous at the moment. However come 2014, ASUS is hoping to change that with a Windows tablet of their own that comes in the form of the VivoTab Note 8 device that will run on the latest version of Windows 8, Windows 8.1 Unlike most tablets designed for the average joe, the VivoTab Note 8 device is aimed towards the enterprise user and students and will come bundled with the Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition, allowing for users to edit documents, spreadsheets, and even presentations on the go.Unlike most tablets, ASUS will be bundling a Wacom stylus with the tablet that will sit nestled in its holder found at the bottom of the device, meaning that it will not be stored separately, making it easier to bring with you. As far as the rest of the specs are concerned, the tablet will sport an 8” HD 1280×800 IPS display and will be powered by Intel’s Atom A3470 processor. It will also be accompanied by 2GB of RAM and will come with up to 64GB of onboard storage that can be further expanded via microSD card. It will also come bundled with ASUS’ WebStorage services that will be valid for a year. ASUS is also highlighting the tablet’s audio features with its SonicMaster audio technology.
As far as pricing and availability is concerned, neither have been mentioned by ASUS just yet, but hopefully we will learn more about that in the near future.
Next Story: ASUS Announces PadFone Mini, Powered By Intel
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-06: ASUS PadFone X Announced, Heads For AT&T
- 2014-01-06: ASUS ZenFone 4, 5, And 6 Announced
- 2014-01-06: ASUS Transformer Book Duet Announced, Dual Boot Windows 8 + Android
- 2014-01-06: ASUS Announces PadFone Mini, Powered By Intel