One of the reasons companies were so into BlackBerry back in the day was because of services like BES. This allowed companies to provide BlackBerry phones to their employees, while maintaining a level of control as well as ensuring that messages and emails sent to and from BlackBerry devices were secure thanks to encryption. It also allowed IT managers to remotely lock and wipe devices in the event that it is lost or stolen, preventing the public or the competition from finding out about company trade secrets. However as BlackBerry began to decline, companies started to turn to alternatives and the BYOD (bring your own device) program was starting to catch on, with employees bringing in iPhones, Android devices, and even Windows Phone.
Well the good news is that companies who are worried about BYOD can rest assured knowing that in the future, BES 10 will be adding Windows Phone support. This is according to BlackBerry’s Managing Director for India, Sunil Lalvani, who in an interview with the Economic Times in India confirmed that Windows Phone support for BES 10 will be happening “soon”. While we’re sure Lalvani knows what’s going on in the company, he has in the past made some statements that BlackBerry was forced to clarify or refute, but hopefully this time will be different. In the meantime what do you guys think of BES 10 support Windows Phone?
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-22 Over 1 Million Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Installs Estimated
- 2014-04-18 WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17 Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16 Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-03-30 BBM For Windows Phone Coming In Q2
- 2014-03-07 Windows Phone Narrowly Edges Out BlackBerry In The US
- 2014-01-17 BBM Not Arriving For Windows Phone
- 2014-01-13 BlackBerry CEO Confirms BES Support For Windows Phone
- 2013-10-01 Companies Reportedly Dropping BlackBerry In Favor Of Windows Phone