A good rumor never dies, or so it seems. In fact, it does sound as though we are looking at a deja vu situation here, as Ford CEO Alan Mulally has shot down rumors which are making their way around news circles that he is being lined up to be the next person in charge of Microsoft. Mulally has informed the Associated Press yesterday, saying, “I have no other plans to do anything other than serve Ford,” and will remain with the motor giant at least until the end of this year.
In the past, the many reports concerning Mulally’s “imminent departure” have proven to be an unwelcome distraction for the motor giant Ford. Good thing it has not affected the price of Ford’s shares negatively in the past, since we have seen the prices of these shares more than double ever since Mulally hooked up with Ford all the way back in 2006. Something tells us that this will not be the last time we will hear of Alan Mulally joining forces with Microsoft right at the very top, since as late as October last year, we have heard Mulally issuing a similar negative response to such baseless rumors. Why do you think that this rumor has such a long shelf life?
- 2014-02-27 Ford Sync May Not Necessarily Dump Microsoft For BlackBerry
- 2014-02-23 Ford Sync System May Switch From Microsoft To BlackBerry
- 2014-01-22 Ford's New Automated Driving Research Projects In The Pipeline
- 2014-01-10 Ford Hybrid Semi-Solar Vehicle Could Usher In A New Era Of Green Rides
- 2014-01-03 Ford To Offer Free SYNC AppLink Upgrades For 3.4 Million Vehicles