Samsung won’t surprise anyone by releasing multiple variants of its upcoming flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S5. Perhaps it may surprise us by releasing two different versions of said flagship, “Prime” and “Standard” to be precise. This according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities, who you might recall from a never ending list of Apple related rumors. Kuo makes some predictions for Galaxy S5 this time around, and while he often hits the spot when its related to Apple, it remains to be seen just how credible his intel on Samsung’s future plans is.
According to Kuo, the Prime version of Samsung Galaxy S5 will have a 32 bit octacore Samsung Exynos 5430 processor as opposed to the 32 bit quadcore Snapdragon 800 from Qualcomm or an octacore Exynos 5422 processor on the Standard version. Both versions are predicted to have 5.2 inch displays, but the former’s display is said to have 1,440×2,560 pixel resolution at 565ppi while the latter’s has 1,080×1,920 pixel resolution at 423ppi. Remaining specifications are predicted to be the same, this includes the 3GB of RAM, 2 megapixel front camera, 16 megapixel rear camera, 2,850mAh and 3D Gesture support. It should be kept in mind that even the best of analysts are often not totally correct, so a grain of salt is advised. Samsung is expected to unveil Galaxy S5 prior to the start of MWC 2014, hopefully we’ll know for sure by then.
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored