Based on what we know about the Samsung Galaxy S5, it is expected to arrive with a 16MP camera in tow. Of course since Samsung has yet to make an official announcement, it’s pretty much anyone’s guess for now. However with the Samsung Galaxy S4 packing a 13MP camera, an upgrade to a 16MP camera for the Galaxy S5 would make sense and would not be a stretch of the imagination. That being said, a recent photo uploaded by a certain @123fliptest to Flipboard has revealed that the Galaxy S5 would indeed pack a 16MP sensor. The photo itself isn’t much to look at since it looks like it was taken pressed against the back of something, but it was the EXIF data that proved more interesting.
Based on the EXIF data, it showed that the photo taken was of the 16MP quality and was taken by a device whose model number is the SM-G900V. However some suggest that by using the 4:3 aspect ratio, what we might be looking at could be a 21MP sensor instead. As it stands many speculate that this is the naming scheme of the Galaxy S5. The SM-G900A is said to be AT&T’s variant so it is possible that the SM-G900V could be the version destined for Verizon’s network. Like we said the photo isn’t much to look at so in terms of quality, it’s hard to say, but either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more information, so check back with us at a later date for all the details!
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-07: Galaxy S5 Could Sport 1080p Display According To Benchmark