[CES 2014] The latest products that will cater to Garmin’s consumer automotive segment have been announced today. It has launched the Dash Cam, a high definition camera that can be mounted to any vehicles’ windshield to continuously record video as the vehicle is being driven. Garmin Dash Cam captures a wide angle view of the road and is fully automated, meaning that it starts recording only when the engine is turned on and stops only when it is turned off. Dash Cam also has an integrated gravity sensor through which it can automatically detect incidents like braking and collision, the relevant video files are automatically saved. Two versions of this product are available, the Dash Cam 10 does not have a GPS receiver whereas the Dash Cam 20 does.The Dash Cam’s GPS receiver automatically geo-tags all video recorded and also time stamps it. It is capable of recording video in full 1080p HD, 720p or WVGA in a continuous loop. A 4GB microSD card is included with the product, customers have the option to use a much bigger microSD card, it supports up to 32GB. Using the built in gravity sensor the Dash Cam detects an incident and immedately saves last, current and next recordings so that users have a complete record of the incident including information line date, time, speed, latitute, longitude and direction of travel. It also has an integrated microphone which can be turned on if audio inside the vehicle is to be recorded. Video can be viewed right on the device itself using its 2.3 inch color display. Dash Cam 10 and Dash Cam 20 carry suggested retail price of $219.99 and $249.99 respectively, they will be available next month.
- 2014-02-24 Garmin Xperia Edition App's SmartWatch 2 Extension Brings Navigation To Your Wrist
- 2014-02-20 Garmin Reportedly Set To Launch Navigation App For Sony SmartWatch 2
- 2014-01-17 Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-06 Garmin HUD+ With New Companion App
- 2014-01-06 Garmin nüvi 2014 Essential Series Brings Premium Features To Affordable Navigators
- 2014-01-06 Garmin First nüvi With Wireless Backup Camera
- 2014-01-06 Garmin Announces Vívofit, A Stylish And Lightweight Fitness Band