Microsoft has managed to build a pretty popular and iconic franchise for its Xbox platform with the Halo game. Its original developers, Bungie, have since passed the torch over to 343 Industries and if you were looking forward to additional Halo content, 2014 will be the year you’ll want to look forward to as Microsoft has revealed that the game will be making its way onto the Xbox One come 2014. This information comes by way of Rob Semsey, who tweeted, “Xbox Wire today mentioned a few 2014 titles; Halo on Xbox One not listed due to official name of the next title not announced yet.” This tweet was followed by another which said, “Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm”
The name of the next Halo game remains unknown for now as Microsoft has not confirmed the title yet, which is why it is tentatively known as Halo 5 currently. A specific release date was not provided by Microsoft either but we will keep our eyes peeled for more information. Halo 5 will not be the first Halo title to be released by 343 Industries as the developer had released Halo 4 back in 2012, so Halo 5 will be the company’s second effort. So far Halo 4 has been met with positive reviews so it will be interesting to see if 343 Industries will be able to keep up the momentum of Halo 5 and the rest of the Halo franchise for the future.
Next Story: Socialmatic Camera To Launch In Fall 2014
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign