[CES 2014] Android is going everywhere, we are seeing more and more Android integration in all kinds of devices from cameras, to TVs, watches and computers. last year at CES we awarded an Ubergizmo Best of Show to the View Sonic VSD 240, an Android powered smart display.
HP is jumping in the band wagon with its new HP Slate pro All-in-One computer powered by Android 4.3. The 21.5-inch full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen equipped with a Nvidia Tegra 4 Quad-Core T40S Processor and 2GB DDR3.
The display can recline as much as 70 degrees and features 178 degrees viewing angles.
Users can toggle back and forth from Android to Windows, when plugging a windows PC or laptop via HDMI and USB upstream cable for a touch display(see demo in the video). When running on Android, they can access productivity and enterprise applications such as Kingsoft Office Suite and pre-installed Citrix XenMobile4. The Slate Pro provides a virtual workspace with secure data and Windows app support via Citrix Receiver.5 Certified Citrix Ready and HDX Verified.
Video conferencing is enabled with the integrated HP HD 720p Webcam, microphone, and speakers with DTS Sound+ Audio and preinstalled collaboration tools, such as Google Hangout, Skype or HP MyRoom.
The HP Slate Pro AiO will be available March 6 2014 starting at $399 with keybaord and mouse.
- Android 4.3, Jelly Bean operating system
- 21.5″ diagonal IPS full HD widescreen LED-backlit touch-enabled (1920 x 1080) 16:9 Wide Aspect Ratio and 2 point optical touchscreen using 3 cameras
- Integrated stereo speakers – 2W x 2W
- Integrated All-in-One form factor
- NVIDIA Tegra 4 Quad-Core T40S processor
- NVIDIA graphics
- HD Webcam with built-in microphone
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
- Wireless connectivity – 802.11a/b/g/n wireless
- Bluetooth 4,0
- USB keyboard and mouse (included in select regions only)
- Integrated speakers
- 2 GB of DDR3 memory with 16GB of eMMC Flash storage1
- Side: SD card reader, one USB 2.0 port, one Headphone-microphone combo out
- Rear: Two USB 2.0 ports, one RJ45 network connection, one HDMI input, one USB 2.0 upstream port
- dimensions: 20.9 x 3.25 x 14.4 in (53.1 x 8.25 x 36.6 cm)
- weight: 13.6 lb (5.97 kg)
Next Story: HP 205 AiO Revealed
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-01-09 Huawei Debuts Tron Android-Powered Gaming Console
- 2014-01-07 Meizu MX3 U.S. Launch Planned For Q3, 2014
- 2014-01-07 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2014-01-05 HP ProOne 400 AiO Announced
- 2014-01-05 HP 205 AiO Revealed