We have DSLRs, compact cameras, smartphone cameras, and even tablet cameras to help take photos with. However there are times when those options might not be readily available, or you might not have a cable to transfer the photos over onto the computer with, so what do you do? You use a camera mouse, of course! Japanese company King Jim is expected to launch a camera mouse in the near future, the 31st of January to be exact, and as the name and the photo above implies, it is a mouse with a camera that you can use to take photos with, but also double up as a regular mouse when not in use.
It seems that this mouse has been designed for users who might need to make quick snapshots of documents and products and send them off to a customer ASAP for reference purposes, although who’s to say that the mouse won’t be used to take selfies for Facebook and Twitter uploads, right? Not to mention given its diminutive size, it can be packed into a laptop bag and taken out in public as well. In any case it’s not the most powerful camera at 2MP but should be good enough to get the job done. With its accompanying software compatible with both Windows 7 and Windows 8, the camera mouse by King Jim will be priced at ¥4,200 (which is about $40 after conversion).
Next Story: Microsoft Refutes $2.6 Billion Payouts To OEMs
- 2014-02-12: Steve Jobs’ Lisa Computer Mouse Recovered From Time Capsule
- 2014-01-16: King Jim's Mouse Comes With A Camera Built Into It
- 2013-12-03: Rapoo 7100P Wireless Optical Mouse Announced
- 2013-10-31: Japanese Researchers Breath-Controlled PC Mouse
- 2013-10-15: Gyration Air Mouse GO Plus Is Back With A Vengeance
- 2013-09-24: Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition Announced