Even though Nokia has released better successors for these smartphones, for some Windows Phone users the love affair with Microsoft’s mobile operating system started with the Lumia 920 as well as the Lumia 820, whereas the emerging markets fell head over heels for Lumia 520. After announcing their successors last year the company confirmed it will roll out a major update for these smartphones and today it has finally followed through on its promise. The Lumia Black update for AT&T Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 smartphones has been released.
Some of the new features that Lumia Black brings include a new glance screen for night mode, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, better notifications experience in galance screen as well as all the bells and whistles included in Update 3 of Windows Phone 8. Features such as Nokia Beamer lets users wirelessly share their smartphone’s display with an internet-connected TV or computer, or even with another smartphone. It also adds support for the Nokia Camera application which allows easy switching between Pro and Smart modes for an improved imaging experience. The roll out is underway right now on AT&T, simply head to the settings app and check for Lumia Black through the Phone update menu, this procedure applies to the AT&T Lumia 820 as well.
Next Story: Purported Nokia X Images Leaked Again
- 2014-01-30: Lumia Black Update Released For AT&T Lumia 920 And 820
- 2014-01-13: Nokia Lumia black Update Sets Its Sights On The Lumia 920
- 2013-12-29: Nokia Lumia 920 Reportedly Jailbroken By Chinese Hackers
- 2013-10-11: AT&T Rolling Out Amber Update For Nokia Lumia 820, 920
- 2013-10-09: AT&T Claims GDR2 And Amber Update Is Ready For Lumia 820 And 920
- 2013-09-30: AT&T's Lumia 920 Amber Update Will Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- 2013-08-05: Windows Phone GDR2 Update For Lumia 820/920 Spotted On Nokia's Servers
- 2012-10-04: Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 officially announced as part of AT&T's Fall lineup