Meizu is a Chinese company that has recently shown interest in expanding beyond China’s borders into the US and Europe, and recently the company has taken off the wraps on two of its latest handsets, the MX4G and the MX4G Mini, with the latter presumably being a slightly smaller/less powerful version of its big brother. Unfortunately the details of either handset is scarce at the moment as the announcement was actually made by J. Wong, the CEO of Meizu, on his Weibo account in response to a user asking about the device. The only thing he was able to confirm was that the MX4G would sport a 5” display but apart from that not much else was revealed.
Based on past rumors, it had been suggested that the Meizu MX4G would come in at least two variants, so we’re guessing the MX4G and the MX4G Mini would be it. Last we heard, the rumored specs of the MX4G included a 5.5” 2560×1536 display, possible 4G LTE connectivity, the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, and will come packed with either 3GB or 4GB of RAM. We’re not sure when Meizu plans to unveil their new devices in full, but we’re guessing with MWC 2014 around the corner, perhaps Meizu might take advantage of that stage to make their announcement, hopefully with details surrounding US availability of their new flagship device.
- 2014-04-13: Meizu MX3 With Ubuntu Spotted
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note
- 2014-03-05: Meizu MX4 Could Be Announced On 6th Of March
- 2014-02-19: Meizu And BQ To Roll Out Ubuntu Smartphones
- 2014-01-21: Meizu Teases MX4G And MX4G Mini
- 2014-01-20: Meizu To Share European Expansion Details At MWC 2014