As it stands, Motorola’s Moto X is only available in the states at the moment. Motorola had initially dismissed the idea of bringing it to other countries, like the UK, but thanks to recent hints, it has been suggested that Motorola is now starting to consider launching the Moto X in other markets, like the EMEA regions, for example. Now thanks to invites Motorola has started to send out to publications based in the UK, a launch in Europe certainly sounds imminent. The event has been scheduled for the 14th of January 2014 and while the Moto X handset was not mentioned specifically, the invite expects that Motorola will “welcome a new addition to the European Motorola family of products.”
The folks at Droid-Life attempted to pry more information from Motorola at CES 2014, but were only told that they had an announcement and that they planned to broaden their geographic footprint. However thanks to a job listing found on Motorola UK’s website, it has been suggested that Motorola is looking for someone to setup Moto Maker in the UK, which we can only assume is for the Moto X. Either way for those living in Europe and eager to get the Moto X, the 14th of January is definitely a day you will want to mark down on your calendars, and be sure to check back with us as well as we will keep you updated on Motorola’s announcement! So, any of our readers from Europe excited by this piece of news?
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-13 Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06 Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06 Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01 Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17 AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off