[CES 2014] Polaroid is an old hand when it comes to all things photography, and this time around, the company has announced the Polaroid Socialmatic Camera which will be the latest addition to their popular range of instant digital cameras. What makes the Polaroid Socialmatic Camera so special in the first place? Well, for starters, this will be Polaroid’s very first Wi-Fi enabled camera that they have rolled out, and there will also be additions to their tablet, mountable sports action camera as well as home entertainment lines.
As for the hardware specifications of the Polaroid Socialmatic, what was once a concept now features a 14-megapixel camera, a 4.5” touchscreen LCD display which will run on the Android mobile operating system, Wi-Fi as well as Bluetooth when it comes to connectivity options, and a Zero Ink (ZINK for short) printer that is capable of printing out photos without the need for any kind of ink cartridge that could get rather messy on your travels. The asking price of $299 a pop for the Polaroid Socialmatic Camera could prove to be a deterrent, especially when you consider how many smartphone cameras these days are equipped with extremely capable shooters underneath the hood already. [Press Release]
- The Willow Bar In San Francisco Bar Bans Google Glass
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!