Samsung is known to release multiple variants of many of its flagship devices, that too under slightly different monikers. The Galaxy S4 Zoom and Galaxy S4 Active are prime examples from last year, different variants of the primary flagship, the Galaxy S4. It appears that the next crop of variants might feature the “Neo” moniker, as the company has filed to obtain a trademark for Samsung Galaxy S Neo.
This isn’t the first we’ve been hearing about the possibility of a Samsung device bearing the Neo moniker. Recently the company announced a device called the Galaxy Grand Neo, as well as a dual-SIM Galaxy S III Neo+, which was launched in China. Moreover, Samsung is also expected to launch a new variant of the Galaxy Note 3, called the Galaxy Note 3 Neo. There’s enough precedent now to support the theory that a future device might carry the Neo moniker, though the trademark filing covers more than just smartphones and phablets, it extends to portable computers, wireless headsets, digital cameras and other similar devices and accessories. One must also consider the possibility that while Samsung wants to trademark Galaxy S Neo, that doesn’t mean it will necessarily have to use it for a device somewhere down the line.
Next Story: Samsung S Voice Redesigned [Leak]
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo