The Samsung Galaxy S5 is probably the most anticipated Android smartphone of 2014, and probably one of the more anticipated smartphones for the year, Apple’s iPhone included, which is why we can’t say we’re too surprised that there are plenty of leaks and rumors regarding the handset at the moment. So when can we expect the Samsung Galaxy S5 to be announced? Well according to a tweet by Eldar Murtazin, the famed leaker who has in the past been relatively spot on with his information, it seems that come 23rd of February we will be hearing about the handset from Samsung at a pre-MWC event.
According to Murtazin, “Samsung Galaxy S5 launch – 18.00. Barcelona. 23 February. Price the same. Launch – end of April. Specs – u know them new touchwiz ;)” We guess in a way the rumors are true that the phone will not be announced at MWC since a pre-MWC announcement will not count. However this information also seems to contradict earlier rumors which pegged the handset’s release for mid-March in London. Either way there seems to be a fair amount of rumors and most of them seems to be contradicting one another, so take it with a grain of salt for now, but with the 23rd of February coming sooner than mid-March, we guess we’ll keep an eye on that date to see what Samsung might have to announce then.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-04-08: Man Puts A Hammer To The Galaxy S5, Gets A Nasty Surprise
- 2014-02-07: Galaxy S5 Could Sport 1080p Display According To Benchmark
- 2014-01-29: Galaxy S5's 16MP Camera "Confirmed" In Recently Uploaded Photo