The Samsung Galaxy S5 is probably one of the more highly anticipated smartphones to arrive in the market in 2014. Given that we’ve seen phones released ahead of the Galaxy S5 with pretty impressive specs, safe to say many are looking forward to seeing what the Galaxy S5 will pack under the hood. According to the rumors, the Galaxy S5 could see a release later this March and we had also previously heard about the “confirmed” specs of the handset, which includes a QHD display that’s about 5.25” in size, a 16MP rear-facing camera, and will pack either a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor or Samsung’s Exynos 6 chipset which will depend on the region.
Now thanks to the folks at Phone Arena, they claim to have been tipped off by their tipsters about some additional specs of the phone, namely its battery. Now we know batteries aren’t exactly the most exciting part of the phone, but if their tipsters are right, the Galaxy S5 could feature a slightly larger battery of the 2,900mAh variety, and on top of that, is claimed to be of the rapid charging type, meaning that it can charge the phone faster which has been estimated to be about 2 hours for a full charge! In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but the Galaxy S5 is definitely worth keeping an eye out for so be sure to check back with us at a later date for the details!
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown