[CES 2014] Every year at CES, companies are eager to push the limits to technology and have never been shy about unveiling new television products. Sometimes these products are bigger and better than we might have expected and we guess this is more about showing off what they can do, as opposed to trying to sell it to us. After all, not everyone can afford a whopping 100” television set, can then? Well Sharp will be at CES 2014 this year and sure enough the company is looking to impress with several high-end television sets, ranging from televisions featuring 8K displays, to televisions sporting Sharp’s IGZO display technology.However for those who don’t need 4K or want something bigger, well Sharp has something in store for you guys with their pair of 8K television sets. Yup, you heard that right, according to Sharp, “4K today, 8K tomorrow.” One of these 8K devices will be a glasses-free 3D television and was created together with Philips and Dolby to help deliver a very high-resolution glasses-free 3D viewing experience. Given that 4K has yet to be the standard, we can only imagine the sharpness one might experience with 8K. As we said earlier, not all these products are for sale and with Sharp’s 8K offerings, they are meant to be a “glimpse into the future”.
Apart from televisions, Sharp will also demonstrate new applications of IGZO technology through next-generation Micro Electro Mechanical Systems. IGZO is a display technology currently employed by portable devices such as smartphones, tablets, notebooks, and even LCD monitors. In any case we will be live at CES 2014 so do check back with us then for all the details.
Next Story: Sharp Launches New AQUOS HDTVs
- 2014-04-07: Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh Packed To The Brim With Features
- 2014-03-06: New Sharp Aquos TVs Go On Sale In The US
- 2014-01-22: Sharp Introduces Aquos Mini SHL24
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-16: Sharp Announces 15.6" Windows 8.1 Tablet
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-06: Sharp Launches New AQUOS HDTVs