[CES 2014] Sony is coming full force to CES with a great camera lineup. The new Sony α5000 camera (model ILCE-5000) packs DSLR-like performance in a super compact and elegant body. At less than 8 oz, this WiFi connected interchangeable lens camera is equipped with a 20.1 MP APS-C sized sensor and a 3-inch TFT LCD display (460.8K dots) that can flip upwards up to 180 degrees.The new camera features the same processor as the Sony α7 and α7R full-frame cameras, the BIONZ X processor that has enhanced performance for area-specific noise reduction, according to Sony. The Sony α5000 comes with a 16-50mm power zoom kit lens (model SELP1650) and is NFC enabled, which allows for for instant image transfer with NFC-compatible Android™ smartphones or tablets. There are now 20 different lenses for Sony’s E-mount system with several models from Carl Zeiss and G Series Lenses.
Photo transfer to the smartphone is even easier than before, thanks to the new free Sync to Smartphone” app that automatically transfers the pictures to a pre-set smartphone each time the camera is turned off.
The Sony α5000 comes in three flavors, silver, black and white and will be available in March 2014 for about $600 in a kit with a compact, versatile 16-50mm motorized zoom lens (model SELP1650).
Next Story: Sony Shows Wide Range Of CX Handycams
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-02-11: Sony a6000 Camera Officially Launched
- 2014-01-09: Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector: Hands-On
- 2014-01-06: Sony AS100V: Wearable Action Camcorder Reloaded
- 2014-01-06: Sony FDR-AX100: Semi-Pro 4K HandyCam
- 2014-01-06: Sony Announces Cyber-shot W830 Compact Digital Zoom Camera