Sony has done pretty well for itself in terms of the number of smartphones released over the past few years, and their foray into waterproof handsets – at least up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes, have been a good selling point. Well, here we are with the latest announcement from Sony which involves smartphones, although it would be concentrated in the country of China. Sony has announced the spanking new Xperia Z1 Colorful Edition in the world’s biggest smartphone market, where it will also be known as the M51w if model numbers are your cup of tea.
In a nutshell, the Sony Xperia Z1 Colorful Edition is actually a variation of the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, except that this bad boy is bound for China, where it sports a similar 4.3” display, a Snapdragon 800 chipset, a 20-megapixel camera as well as a colorful glass body. One thing is missing from the China-bound model, however, and that would be a lack of 4G LTE connectivity. This is not deemed to be a huge issue in China, because the 4G LTE network there is only beginning to be introduced, with extremely limited coverage. Do you feel as though the Sony Xperia Z1 Colorful Edition has way too much plastic on it?
- LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- Ellen Degeneres' Oscar Selfie Might Not Have Been Impromptu After All
- Cross-Platform BBM Could Be Getting Ads Soon, According To Android Beta
- BlackBerry Z30 Apps Will Automatically Be Available For The BlackBerry Z3
- Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms