At the end of last year right before we kissed 2013 goodbye and ushered in the lovely 2014, we did talk about how Sony might have made preparations to roll out a couple of new handsets (at the minimum, of course, this ain’t the mid 1990s any more) in 2014 with the Sony Sirius as well as Sony Canopus being lined up for an introduction. Here is additional information on the Sony Sirius that we talked about, with it being targeted to be a flagship device that should take over the likes of the Xperia Z Ultra.
Apparently, the Sony Sirius smartphone should come with a 5.2” smartphone display with 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution, running on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset as well. Apart from that, other likely hardware specifications that should keep it ahead of the pack when it comes to its features would include 3GB RAM, a 20.7-megapixel camera at the back with their very own G lens, Android 4.4 KitKat as the mobile operating system of choice, and a 3,500mAh battery. Needless to say, this would mean that the Sony Sirius will be pretty pricey to begin with, and what better way to make a splash to the world’s consciousness than at CES which is all primed to kick off?
Next Story: Caterpillar Cat B100 Rugged Phone Unveiled
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-02-12 Sony D6503 Sirius Runs On Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2014-01-20 Alleged Sony Sirius KitKat UI Spotted
- 2014-01-20 Sony Sirius Details Revealed (Rumor)