Remember yesterday we brought word that a new Tekken movie could be in the works? Well as it turns out, that is not the case. What brought attention to the possibility was by a post by actor Kane Kosugi, who has since removed the post from his website and apologized for the inconvenience. As it turns out, Kosugi got his roles mixed up and will be starring in a movie that at the moment has been given the title Agent X. While the details of this Agent X movie has yet to be revealed, it seems that there is little to no relation to Namco Bandai’s Tekken franchise whatsoever, especially since the franchise’s producer, Katsuhiro Harada appeared to have completely no clue that such a movie was in development and has since been shooting down reports of the film’s existence on his Twitter.
For fans of the franchise, we guess this could be seen as either good or bad news. Good in the sense that we might not be subjected to yet another movie based around video games, which for the most part have proved to be a rather horrible experience (anyone remember the Doom movie?). Even Harada called the original movie “terrible”, so at least for now we won’t have to subject ourselves to that. At the same time we’re sure fans are looking forward to a new movie in hopes that it will be better, and after all we’re sure most gamers are thrilled to see their favorite characters brought to life on screen.
- 2014-03-24: Dark And Edgy Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-03-19: HTC One To Make An Appearance In Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- 2014-02-14: Tekken X Street Fighter Apparently Still In Development
- 2014-01-14: Tekken Movie Prequel Is Not Happening, Actor Apologizes For Inconvenience
- 2014-01-13: Tekken: A Man Called X Movie In Development, Prequel To 2010's Movie [Update]
- 2013-10-29: X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer Already A Massive Hit