With MWC 2014 taking place next week, we guess Archos did a smart thing by announcing several of their products ahead of the event, thus ensuring that it will be getting a fair amount of attention, versus launching it at the event itself where it might be overshadowed by other product announcements. So far we’ve seen the Archos 80 Helium 4G tablet and the 40b Titanium smartphone designed for music lovers, and now we have the Archos 50c Oxygen and 64 Xenon smartphones that were also recently announced by the company.
Starting with the 50c Oxygen, this is an interesting device as it will use MediaTek’s MT6592 octa-core chipset clocked at 1.7GHz. It will feature a 5-inch 1280×720 HD IPS display along with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of onboard storage. The 50c Oxygen will also come with an 8MP rear-facing camera capable of 1080p video capture, a 2MP front-facing camera, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi, and GPS connectivity, and a 2,000mAh battery to boot.
Next up is the 64 Xenon, which is a larger phone compared to the 50c Oxygen with its 6.4-inch 1280×720 HD IPS display. It will be powered by a MediaTek chipset but it will be quad-core, not octa-core, and will be clocked at 1.3GHz. It will also come with 1GB of RAM, 4GB of onboard storage, an 8MP rear-facing camera, a 2MP front-facing camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, and a larger 2,800mAh battery. Both phones will run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and will be similarly priced at £200.
Next Story: Archos 40b Titanium Is Aimed At The Music Lover
- 2014-03-13: ZTE Grand Memo 2 LTE: Video Hands-On
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-26: Best of MWC 2014 @ Ubergizmo
- 2014-02-26: Archos CEO Accidentally Kills Phone During Demonstration
- 2014-02-20: Archos 50c Oxygen & 64 Xenon Smartphones Announced
- 2014-02-20: Archos 40b Titanium Is Aimed At The Music Lover
- 2014-02-20: Archos 80 Helium 4G Tablet Unveiled
- 2014-02-02: Archos Neon Trio Of Tablets Unveiled