Samsung has a penchant for releasing multiple variants of its popular smartphones, and the Galaxy S4 certainly falls under that list. Originally released back in early 2013, several variants of the Galaxy S4 have already been released, some globally, while some in specific regions. The Korean juggernaut has now launched a black Galaxy S4 and Galaxy mini in Russia, these variants also tout the faux leather backs that first debuted on the Galaxy Note 3 late last year.
The jet black color option for these smartphones isn’t going to be made available anywhere else, Samsung hasn’t said if and when these variants will be released in markets other than Russia. Apart from the cosmetic changes, there’s nothing different under the hood. The Galaxy S4, model GT-I9505, carries a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 1.9GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 5 inch 1080p HD display, 13 megapixel camera, 16GB onboard storage and Android 4.2.2. Its younger sibling, Galaxy S4 mini, has a 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 1.5GB RAM, 8 megapixel camera, 4.3 inch qHD display as well as Android 4.2.2. Both variants are going to be released in Russia next month. As previously mentioned, there’s no word on global availability, it would probably be best to not hold your breath for these variants, no matter how good they look.
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-10: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-02-03: Samsung Galaxy S4 Trade-Ins Are Higher Than Before