We have heard how BlackBerry and Foxconn have teamed up to create a series of BlackBerry handsets, with the first fruit from their efforts expected to debut at MWC 2014 in the form of the BlackBerry Jakarta. However we expect that the Jakarta might not be the only handset that BlackBerry has up their sleeves, thanks to a recent benchmark sighting in which a certain BlackBerry Ontario has been revealed. If you’re wondering why the Ontario name sounds familiar (apart from the fact that it is a province in Canada), it is because it is a BlackBerry 10 device that has been talked about in the past.
However given BlackBerry’s recent financial troubles, we had heard that the Canadian company had reportedly put on ice future BlackBerry devices, although this was before their partnership with Foxconn was announced. The Ontario may or may not have been one of the devices that BlackBerry put on hold, but hopefully the fact that someone is still running benchmarks on the handset is a good sign. Based on the benchmark results, some of the specs we can look forward to includes a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.15GHz, 2GB of RAM, and will run on BlackBerry 10.3. Given that BlackBerry 10.2.1 was only recently released, the fact that the Ontario is running a newer version is a good sign. Either way we’ll definitely keep our eyes peeled for more info.
Next Story: Alleged Canon G1 X II Photo Leaked
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales