Earlier this year we reported that there were a handful of Fitbit users who were reporting skin irritations after a period of using their Fitbit fitness tracking wristbands. These skin irritations included blisters and peeling skin, and while there could be a number of factors that contributed to these irritations, it was found that despite wiping down the device, those irritations kept reappearing. Most noticeably it was under the portion of the device where the sensors, battery, display, and charging ports are found. At that time Fitbit offered customers either a refund or an exchange of the product, but now it looks like Fitbit has decided to recall the fitness band entirely.
In a recent post by the company’s CEO, James Park, “Recently, some Force users have reported skin irritation. While only 1.7% of Force users have reported any type of skin irritation, we care about every one of our customers. On behalf of the entire Fitbit team, I want to apologize to anyone affected.” He also adds that the company had done additional testing of their own and found that while there was nothing wrong, they have decided to perform a voluntary recall anyway. “We have stopped selling Force and have decided to conduct a voluntary recall. We are offering a refund directly to consumers for full retail price.” For those who have been affected or who would prefer to avoid risking it, you can head on over to Fitbit’s website for the details.
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-15: 80,000 Oculus Rift Devices Have Been Sold to Date
- 2014-03-20: Fitbit Hit With Lawsuit Over Skin Rashes
- 2014-03-05: Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- 2014-01-14: Fitbit Force Users Complain Of Skin Irritation
- 2013-12-29: Fitbit App For Windows Phone Could Be Coming Soon