Despite the fact that there have been countless rumors about the Samsung Galaxy S5, there hasn’t been much talk about its price. That’s because pricing happens to be more fluid than actual specifications, it varies a lot by carrier, country, retailer and distributor, so its not exactly easy to put a firm dollar figure on something that still hasn’t been announced. That said, a source has revealed to Bloomberg that following “encouragement” by one wireless carrier, the Galaxy S5 price might be lower than its predecessor.
It can’t be said for sure at this point in time just how much the price difference is going to be between Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S5, we’ll have to wait for the official announcement, particularly for the U.S. market, we’ll have to wait for word from carrier partners to come in. That shouldn’t take long once Samsung finally lifts the veil at Unpacked 5, scheduled on the first day of Mobile World Congress 2014. The Bloomberg report also reiterates most of what we summed up in our Galaxy S5 rumor roundup, that its going to have a sharper, 5.25 inch display, a bigger battery, a better camera and that it will be launched alongside the next generation Galaxy Gear smartwatch.
Next Story: Google Glass Proposals Melt Your Heart
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored