[MWC 2014] Huawei has been known more for its phones rather than its tablets. That being said we guess we can’t fault the company for trying to break into the tablet market where many consumers still prefer going for Apple’s iPad rather than an Android offering. In any case at MWC 2014, Huawei has taken the wraps off its MediaPad M1, the Chinese company’s 8-inch tablet that in all honesty looks like a giant iPhone/HTC One, no thanks to its design where the tri-tone colors on the back reminds us of a white iPhone, while the front with its front-facing stereo speakers is reminiscent of the HTC One.
Huawei also boasted about the tablet’s aluminum design which is a nice touch, especially for those who might complain that using plastic would feel “cheap”. Other features of the Huawei MediaPad M1 includes a 1.6GHz quad-core processor, an 8-inch 1280×920 display, a 5MP rear-facing camera, a 1MP front-facing camera, a decently sized 4,800mAh battery with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean running the show. It’s an odd choice to go with Jelly Bean given that Android 4.4 KitKat has been around for a while, but hopefully Huawei will do something about it before the tablet hits the market, or at least update it ASAP. Once again Huawei has not mentioned pricing yet, but the MediaPad M1 is expected to hit the UK in March, but availability in other parts of the world has yet to be revealed.
Next Story: Huawei Ascend G6 Is Now Official
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2014-02-23: Huawei's TalkBand Is The Company's Foray Into Wearable Tech
- 2014-02-23: Massive Huawei MediaPad X1 Smartphone Revealed
- 2014-02-23: Huawei Ascend G6 Is Now Official
- 2014-02-23: Huawei E5786 "World's Fastest" Mobile Hotspot Announced
- 2014-02-21: Huawei MediaPad X1 Photos Leaked